Our ultimate goal for all of our patients is to have a beautiful and healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. The most critical element in achieving that goal is your personal home care. Proper brushing and flossing are of utmost importance to your oral hygiene. Recommended professional dental cleanings help identify the early stages of potential oral diseases, but excellent home care is a significant part of the equation in helping to prevent their manifestation.
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times daily (most importantly before bed)
- Only use a SOFT bristle brush and replace every 3 months
- Place the brush at a 45 degree angle to the gums and gently brush in circular motions always maintaining contact with the teeth and gums
- Brush outer, inner and biting surfaces of all teeth
- Always brush the tongue
- Electric toothbrushes are highly recommended due to their plaque removal effectiveness and efficiency
- Daily flossing cleans between teeth and under the gum line
- Take 12-18 inches of dental floss and wrap it around your middle fingers, leaving about 2-3 inches between hands
- Use your thumbs and forefingers to guide the floss between teeth curving the floss in a C shape around each tooth and under the gum line
- Gently move the floss up and down to disrupt food, debris and plaque between teeth and below the gum line
If you have any questions or concerns about Home Care, please don't hesitate to discuss them with your Dentist in the office or call Dental Arts of Boynton Beach at (561) 767-9595.